3. Where can I buy Mrs. Grossman's products?
In addition to our web site, Mrs. Grossman's products are sold at more than 5,800 stores around the world. Visit Find a Store or call (707) 763-1700 and we'll help you find a store near you.
4. What do I do if I come across a defective product?
Please contact our Consumer Relations Department at (707) 763-1700 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be happy to resolve any problem immediately. We strive to produce product that is of the highest quality, but sometimes mistakes occur. Please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can make sure you always receive the best quality product and service.
5. When do you update your site?
We update our site when new information, products or projects become available. Our "What's New" page changes whenever any new product is introduced, approximately every two months. "Get Inspired" ideas pages change once a month.
6. Is there a Mrs. Grossman?
Yes. Andrea Grossman started Mrs. Grossman's in 1979. Go to Meet Mrs. Grossman to learn more about Andrea Grossman.
Please send us your ideas only, no drawings, sketches or photos. We do not offer compensation for any ideas that are sent to us, but we are very grateful.
Contact us by
Phone: 1 (800) 429-4549
Mail: 3810 Cypress Drive, Petaluma, CA 94954
- Consumers may use our stickers to create no more than 50 handmade, original projects to sell at craft shows and at other small venues.
- Mechanically or digitally reproducing Mrs. Grossman's designs is strictly prohibited by law.
- Projects featuring our products may not be sold in retail stores.
- Consumers cannot represent themselves or their product as being affiliated with Mrs. Grossman's.
10. What can I do if I can't find my favorite sticker on your web site?
We have some wonderful partners who offer Mrs. Grossman's classic and retired stickers, albums and more. Please visit one of these sites - they'll most likely have your hard-to-find favorites!
Pine Street Papery
Orchard View Stickers
11. How do I make stickers pop?
Attach small pieces of double-stick foam mounting tape to the backside of a sticker, leaving the protective backing on the tape. Foam tape pieces should be small enough to not show from the front of the sticker. Lightly dust the back of the sticker with baby powder, talc or cornstarch. You can use a small brush or cotton swab. This neutralizes the adhesive so that sticker will stay lifted up, or off the art surface. Peel the tape backing off and add "popped" sticker to your art.
12. What should I do if I do not want a sticker to stick (powdering)?
When you don't want a sticker or part of a sticker to stick, use baby powder, talc or cornstarch to neutralize the adhesive. Powder the back of a sticker when you use mounting tape or if the sticker extends beyond the edge of the paper. Brush the powder gently on the back of sticker and wipe or tap off the excess. We recommend a small cosmetic brush or cotton swab.
13. What are back-to-back stickers?
Many of our stickers are mirror images, which means there are identical stickers printed facing in opposite directions. Two of these images can be placed back-to-back.
15. Do you do custom printing?
Paragon Label, our premium label division, custom-prints labels for the wine, food and supplement industries. Paragon's labels have constantly won awards for quality and innovative printing techniques. Please visit paragonlabel.com for more information.
From time to time we do work with select international manufactures to produce some of our products. In keeping with Mrs. Grossman's Company Values, a portion of the net proceeds from any product produced overseas is donated to International Justice Mission (IJM), a non-profit human rights organization bringing justice, humanity and hope to victims of violence, exploitation and oppression.